Friday, November 21, 2008

"Just keep swimmin, just keep swimmin.."

Kennedy is mobile, well, she has been for almost two weeks now. Though, she hasn't quite got the leg part down. She still gets around by 'army' crawling. She also has this 'move' where she appears to be swimming. What was appropriate, only for our amusement, is that she was on the linoleum floor in the kitchen, so her movements were much more fluid. She was awfully excited to be going nowhere, for that point in time anyway, it didn't last long. What's nice about her mobility is that she stays content much longer. I can only imagine how I would be if I was confined, watch out!

When my husband came downstairs to leave for work, he stopped by Clara and started singing, "She's got freckle on her, but I love her.." or, the more commonly punctuated version, "She's got freckles on her butt, I love her..." Clara kept saying, "No I don't," playfully. Dustin kept singing it, she was getting to the last straw...it hadn't broken yet, but you could tell it would only take a couple more times. After Dustin sang the lyrics again Clara proceeded with, "I don't have pickles on my butt!" I seriously need to start a journal of all the things that she says. It probably wouldn't take long to fill one up. :o)

Too often, I take for granted what God has given me, even my legs and definitely my mouth. Father, I pray that I would be a good steward with everything that I have, currently, and everything that You graciously choose to give me. Lord, I pray that I can effectively teach my children to be content with whatever they have; that we need to store up for ourselves things in heaven, where rust and moth do not destroy. Thank you Father for all the blessings you've bestowed upon me.

No comments: