Thursday, November 20, 2008

"My 23rd Psalm"

Another awesome email from 'Girlfriends in God.' It's not the entire email, but it's the part that struck me most.


My Psalm 23

Lord, You are my Shepherd
[You are my Identity]

I shall not want
[You are my Provision]

You make me lie down in green pastures
[You are my Rest]

You lead me beside the still waters
[You are my Replenishment]

You restore my soul
[You are my Healing]

You lead me in the paths of righteousness
[You are my Guide]

For Your name's sake
[You are my Purpose]

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
[You are my Strength]

I will fear no evil
[You are my Security]

For You are with me
[You are my Peace]

Your rod and your staff they comfort me.
[You are my Deliverer]

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies
[You are my Hope]

You anoint my head with oil
[You are my Blessing]

My cup runs over
[You are my Abundance]

Surely, goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life
[You are my Promise]

And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
[You are my Destiny]

Forever
[You are my All in All!]

Let's Pray
Father, in the midst of preparing for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, I pray that I would constantly be reminded of the truth that it really is all about You. Give me the eyes to see those in need around me. Give me the heart to reach out to the walking wounded. Help me recognize and be thankful for the amazing journey this year has been and remember that You have been there every step of the way, through every valley and over every mountain. I give You praise! In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: