Wednesday, November 19, 2008

To Survive or to Live, that is the question

My husband's birthday was yesterday and work gave him a visa gift card...that was very sweet! I don't think he's ever gotten something like that from his place of employment before. Well, to my surprise, kind of ;o), after Cora and Kelby went off to school this morning, Clara came to me at the door and said, "Mommy can I watch this?" She then proceeded to hand me WALL-E. WALL-E!!?? YAY!!!! I think it could go without any disagreement, that WALL-E is the family's favorite movie of all time! So, Clara and I are currently watching it.

The movie was available for purchase starting yesterday and they're selling it at Walmart for $14.97, so for any of you who haven't seen, it is so worth buying!!! And of course for those of you who have seen it....hurry, go buy it before it goes up to $19.97 or whatever they may raise the price to. Dustin was sweet enough to use his birthday money to go get it. Though, he didn't need any prompting....that's how good the movie is, to say that it's a family movie is an understatement. It is a classic, and will be a classic, I hope anyway, till the end of time.

Anyway, there is a line in the movie, that is now my all time favorite line of any movie because it speaks volumes with so little words. It's when the Pilot is arguing with "AUTO", the ships auto pilot 'robot', about going back to earth: "I don't want to survive, I want to live!" I"m sorry if I gave away a little too much to any of those who haven't seen the movie, but man. That line, hearing it for the second time, struck a chord in me, all the way down to my heart. I don't want to survive either! I want to live! Live for my LORD!!

So, will you just survive, or will you choose to live - for a greater purpose? A purpose that was given to you by your Maker, the maker of heaven and earth and all that is in them (Psalm 146:6).

No comments: