Monday, December 8, 2008

"Don't worry....."

I believe that Jehovah Jireh will take care of us during this "recession", but that doesn't mean that we can just sit back and let Him do all the work. I pray that we, my husband and I, will be wise and good stewards of what we have now. I pray that we calmly and wisely pursue taking care of our responsibilities. Which will include working wherever we can to bring in some more income. I pray that we will have a healthy balance of trust and reality. I am guilty of sticking my head in the sand, partly because, well, when it comes to finances we haven't had the money to be able to pay that bill and/or this one...so I don't even address it. I know that doesn't make it go away, but I don't even communicate with the business/company that we owe the money to. I also recognize that when I bring our finances "down off the shelf" to take a look at so as to "deal" with it, I can easily and quickly get overwhelmed, and I don't want to do that either. So, I pray. I pray for wisdom to know how to take care of the situation - somewhere between ignoring it and getting overwhelmed by it. Because in either case, I end up not doing anything about it and that definitely isn't taking care of it.

Well, I'll stop rambling now, but your prayers for wisdom and clarity would be greatly appreciated!

Matthew 6:27-29 (New International Version)

27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[a]?

28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.

No comments: